Sunday, March 14, 2004

Just got back from camping with Emily (Californian) and Daniel (Melbourne Aussie). We went to Hick's point in Victoria. It's where Captain Cook first landed. It's pretty remote. I saw 4 wallabees (first one was roadkill), 3 eagles, 1 lyrebird, 1 fat guana lizard and a bunch of small hyper birds. 1 possum approached us at night. Emily tried to pet it and it bit her. It allowed Daniel to pet it.
During the first day, I walked on the rocks around the beach, stood in the waves and slept on the beach. I dreamed of Neal so I didn't want to wake up when I should have to put sunscreen lotion on. So now I have boiled lobster legs.
The three of us hiked up to the lighthouse. The wind and the waves reminded me of the coast of Northern Ireland.
That night we had dinner and passed bottles of wine and rum around until they were gone. After the possum plus a couple of mice, we headed down to the black beach to be wowed by the stars and waves. We saw three shooting stars. Once we laid down in the sand we could've stayed there all night. Emily was willing to hold my hand in the darkness - to comfort my fear of the dark.
I woke up the next morning to birds who sounded like the Ewok's Adventure. Up at 8 am, Emily and Daniel slept in until 11:30. I hiked up to the dunes. It was amazing to be at such a high altitude with greenery and large spaces of sand everywhere.
The drive back was quiet. Guess we were all tired.
Now in one day I'll be heading on another trip to Victoria. This time to Melbourne for fashion week and textile conferences (Textile fieldtrip with class).
Until then, I miss and love you guys.
Sharon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home