Saturday, February 18, 2006

I Have a Coffee Table!

Yeah, I don't want to care much about having things, but since I don't really have a dining area, it's nice that I don't have to set my cups on the floor and eat off my lap. Plus I got it from an old neighbor's garage sale, and an eclectic mix of other people's furniture is a good design for a small appartment like mine.

I also have curtains! Now I can sleep through the night with out the lights from across the alley keeping me away. And my drapes are dark red. In the morning my place feels like I'm in the cabin of a Martian spaceship because of the way they glow red onto the walls and everything that was a little green suddenly becomes super-green!

The other day Catherine took a nap on my couch even though my bed is two steps away. Funny kid.

The sun is out and I feel like I'm going to explode. I want to paint, tiedie, write, photograph, sew, embroider, collage . . . where the time? Maybe I'll get to it tonight, maybe I'll have a bath first.

It's no secret to those who know me that I've been enjoying and acing my sociology classes, but it meant a lot to me when a teacher wrote "you should continue with academia. Have you considered making Sociology your major?" This is another indicator that what I'm doing is right and that I'm on the right path.

Next Tuesday I'm going to see a friend's band, Kent McAllister and his Band, perform at the Railway Club (www.railwayclub.com). They're country . . . but country with BALLS! I hope to see your friendly faces out there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home