Wednesday, June 15, 2005

First Time at the Media Club


Candle Red Kitsch
Originally uploaded by sinkblue.
Jorane - that amazingly sensual celloist - was playing at the Media Club last night, and even though it was my intention to see her perform, I never did. Regardless, I had a great time. Briana and Will prove it's not where you go, but who you're with that makes it great. Even while a singer with a beautiful voice sang dull and trite love song lyrics, I was having fun. Thank god fun couples are flocking the city. The dull leech-like ones bore the life out of me.
I had to leave early to meet up with Mike to see Batman Begins. I'm glad to say that they restored the original murky mood that created Batman. The Tim Burton influence is definately there. This movie, though sometimes predictable, makes up for all the campy crap that came after Batman Returns. But I'm a huge Tim Burton fan so I'm biased.
One of my friendships has gone to shit. Regardless, I'm really happy about all the successful ones that surround me. Sometimes I need to learn to let some friendships go. My deep feelings and sense of loyalty makes this very difficult for me, even when the person is no good. To everyone out there who is and has been a good part of my life, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home