Tuesday, April 26, 2005

About Calgary - Nate and I

Nate and I
Nate and I,
originally uploaded by sinkblue.
Nate is Meg's friend, I met Meg at Universal Studios with Natasha. When Meg heard that I was flying out to Calgary - she told me to meet up with her friend Nate. Nate and I both enjoy hanging out with people we don't know in anticipation of potientially awkward moments. That, along with sharing a childhood fear of Large Marge from the Pee Wee Herman movie actually made it an enjoyable afternoon. We walked to a drive in hamburger joint, talked to this homeless guy who looked like Johnney Depp, and drank weird flavoured milkshakes. If Nate's friend had been at a tatoo parlour, he and I would've gotten some free tattoos. I had a lot of fun with him.
In parting I gave Nate the ugly painting I shoved under my Fozzy-bear trenchcoat when exiting the Hog and Brew. His plan so far is to put it up in some gallery/cafe with a made up artist name (the name of a local constable) a title and a price.
I had a blast with Nate and hope that he's able to meet up with Meg in South Africa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home